A Blog on Mythology and occasionally on Reality.


This is a Blog on Mythology, both Indian and World and especially the analysis of the myths.

In effect, the interpretation of the inherent Symbolism.


Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Protector of gods!

In the aftermath of the Ayodhya verdict last week, I came across a review of a book by Ramchandra Gandhi, from which I have taken the following –


Swami Vivekananda had gone to Kashmir towards the end of his life; anguished over the invader's desecration and destruction of countless images of Hindu Gods and Goddesses. Filled with rage and agony in his heart, he approached the Divine Mother in a Kali temple. On the swami's own testimony, Kali is reported to have said: "What is it to you, Vivekananda, if the invader breaks my images. Do you protect me, or do I protect you?"


At times I wonder if we need upholders of religion and our representatives in the Parliament to ‘take care’ of our gods. Should they rather not take care of us, instead of take from us, which they do so shamelessly?

No comments:

Post a Comment